Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Premios Dardo Award, Part III



The last few weeks have been crazy getting my new book Better Than Perfect off to the printer, learning all about Twitter, writing a new manuscript, working the day job. It's been a lot to juggle. The best way I can describe what's been going on is to quote/paraphrase from Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance, "You can have it all, just not all at the same time." That pretty much sums up my life right now.

One happy escape I've had from the "all" is to search out new (to me, at least!) blogs and the people who write them. The following list comprises the last five blogs I've chosen for the Premios Dardo (Top Dart) Award. As before, my choices are to honor personal values and dedication in blog writing. The list is:

Recipients, the rules to accepting the award are simple: copy and paste the award onto your blog; pass the award on to fifteen other blogs and let them know they've been chosen; and link up to the blog that sent you the award. And take your time. I studied the web for awhile before I decided on all fifteen of my choices. To read about the other ten blogs that received the award, please go to my postings of 5/31/09 and 6/15/09. With that said, know that I truly enjoy all the blogs I've passed the award on to and hope you will find other sites that equally delight and inform you.

Tip of the Day: Go slow. Often as writers and creative people we can tend to rush, rush, rush to get a manuscript written or a pot into the kiln, always thinking of the next project without enjoying the current work. Take the time to savor every word, every moment. It only happens once.


6 comments:

joe doaks-Author said...

You have been busy. The tough part to me would be the day job. I'm recently retired, and there's just no way I could do the things you listed AND work outside the home full time. No way. Kudos to you, Kiddo!

Best regards, Galen

Imagineering Fiction Blog

Rachel Fenton said...

Awe, thanks Valerie - I'm not sure if it's just the top pic that is the award!? So green with this blog thing! Will gladly accept and send on in due time!

As for your achievements - woah there, slow down! Well done - lovely and inspiring reading!

Ana - The Writer Today said...

Good luck with your new book. You can definitely multi-task! I like your tip, you do have to enjoy things along the way because those moments will not come back.

I like the pictures you use for your posts. Do you do them in Photoshop?

Nik Perring said...

Hey Valerie, thanks so much for the award - that made me very happy. I'll not list fifteen that I love because I love far more than fifteen; all the blogs I list in my sidebar are ace and well worth a look (they're all rather brilliant!!).

Thanks again - and keep doing great blog/writing things.

Nik

Jen said...

Yay, congrats on your award - lovely blog by the way :)

Dérföldy, J.H said...

Hi Valerie, I am thrilled to see you have Joanie's blog added to your list of "Premios Dardo" blogs. I love her conversational tone. Doing a bit of catch-up with my blog reading. The poetry seems to be taking centre stage in my life right now. This is not going down well with the kiddie fiction characters, I can feel them sulking in the corner of my mind. Warm hugs, Jenni. :-))