I'm excited to have this new development for the book, especially as it's been one of my best sellers over the years, and it's been quite a few years! Some of my favorite memories from the early days of writing the book:
- The idea came to me while I was teaching my first workshop at West Georgia College, now the University of West Georgia.
- I was still in the middle of building my house in the middle of 5 acres of woods and farmland.
- My initial idea was to simply make photocopies of my workshop notes and staple them together. (Whew. Would've been a lot of stapling. Glad I didn't choose that option!)
- And then I realized I could have a complete trade paperback. A revelation in publishing.
- Chapter 3 on "Creative Conflict" was reprinted in a textbook for the Atlanta College of Art. Prior to this I never knew you could sell and get royalties for just a part of your book. The textbook was for the college's class on making videos.
- International sales have been as far away as New Zealand and Singapore.
- I'm proud to say the book has been used in both male and female prison writing programs throughout the country.
- It's also been a featured textbook in several university masters' programs, including the Masters in Professional Writing at Kennesaw State.
- I wrote the entire book in longhand first--still my preferred method!
Instead of the usual price of $10.95, the price is now only $5.95, and all USA orders include Free Shipping! What are you waiting for? Get on over and get your copy today!
Tip of the Day: I wrote The Essential Guide as a way to express my love of writing. When I sat down to type out my handwritten notes, writing was, and continues to be, my passion. I just love to write--and I wanted to share that joy with other writers. Whatever you feel passionate about is always a good indicator of what you should be working on.