Happy Thursday, and Happy Blog Giveaway Day! First off, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to leave a comment on Holly Schindler's guest post. It was great to hear from you and I'm only sorry that I had to pick just two winners.
Speaking of which, a few minutes ago I ran the list of commenters (that's a word, right?) through a great selection service: Random.org and got back a new list putting the names in winning order. The first two names will be contacted this afternoon and will have 48 hours to let me know their mailing addresses. If I don't hear back in time, I'll go down to the next names on my list. So until then, the names will still be kept a secret. Stay tuned! With any luck winners will be announced over the weekend.
In the meantime, I also wanted to let you know that I received a new blog award: The Versatile Blogger, from Nomar Knight at knightchills.blogspot.com. It's a fun award and here are the rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
So from the top: Thank You, Nomar! It was great to hear from you; much appreciated! (Nomar's link is posted just above the "rules.")
7 Random Facts About Me (not selected by Random.org):
1. I write morning pages, but I don't keep them. After I've made note of any "instructions" I might have written to myself, I toss them out.
2. I took violin lessons in junior high school and loved them. Loved them!
3. When I lived in Georgia it took me two hours to mow my lawn with a rider mower. It was fun and meditative, and I used the time mowing to plot out my stories or think about my characters.
4. I sweep my kitchen floor every night before I go to bed. I do this in memory of one of my sweet little cats who loved to watch me sweep, then try to catch the broom. (He's now gone to cat heaven along with his two senior citizen kitty pals.)
5. I miss my cats terribly, but I've decided to remain pet-free. Now my pet nurturing instincts go into supporting shelters and humane societies. (Please take a minute to click on my sidebar link that helps feed homeless pets. Thanks!)
6. I'm taking a new art class next week: Experimental Drawing. Can't wait.
7. I don't like camping. No, no, no. Hotels and hot water and clean towels are my idea of a vacation. Dirt in my toothbrush just makes me cry.
So that's me, randomly.
5 great blogs I've discovered in the last few months:
Note: wouldn't you know, with perfect irony, the lovely Kathryn Eastman of Blog #5, The Nut Press, has just posted about-- going camping. But I'm sure camping in the UK is an entirely different experience than here in the Southwestern desert--I might even like it!
So thank you, Bloggers, for inspiring me, and thanks again to Nomar Knight for giving me the award in the first place.
Tip of the Day: Reading new blogs is always fun--and educational. Please take the time to check out the six blogs mentioned in today's post. I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit and will find plenty to inspire, motivate, and keep you on the creative path. Enjoy!